Top Ten Textile Universities in the World
|North Carolina State University|
- North Carolina State University (USA)
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln (USA)
- Saxion University of Applied Sciences (Netherlands)
- The University of Bolton (UK)
- University of Manchester (UK)
- University of Leeds (UK)
- Dresden University of Technology (Germany)
- De Montfort University (UK)
- Loughborough University (UK)
- Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh (UK)
Top Ten Universities for Textiles:
1. North Carolina State University (USA)
North Carolina State University at Raleigh is a public, coeducational, research university located in Raleigh, North Carolina, United States. Commonly known as N.C.
- The University’s master’s degree in textiles will prepare students for a career in the textile supply chain, a research laboratory, a government agency, or higher education.
- Applicants must hold a baccalaureate degree in textiles or a related area, and preferably have had work experience in a textiles field.
- NC State University is ranked 13th in Best Overall Public University Value (Princeton Review, 2010).
2. University of Nebraska-Lincoln (USA)
The University of Nebraska–Lincoln is a public research university located in Lincoln, Nebraska, United States. It is the state’s oldest and largest university and the flagship university of the University of Nebraska system.
- It offers the Master of Arts in Textiles, Clothing and Design degree for those interested in analyzing the complex ways gender, class, ethnicity, aesthetics, politics, religion and technology find expression in the textile arts, quilt making traditions, design and culture.
- University of Nebraska–Lincoln is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Saxion is among the largest Universities of Applied Sciences in the Netherlands, offering a broad range of Bachelor & Master Courses and is regulated by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science, which is the is Dutch national system of legislation and quality control for educational institutions. It offers a one-year Bachelor in Textile Engineering & Management (Final Year) program for those who already have a good grounding in materials and construction and who wish to learn more about the international clothing and textiles business.
4. The University of Bolton (UK)
Bolton University is one of the most popular and ancient university of United Kingdom. This university offers the Full Time and Part Time Msc Degree in Textile Engineering. Their Msc Degree name is International Textile Business & Innovation.
- It offers the part-time FdSc (Foundation Degree) in Fashion & Textiles. Students will learn about design and manufacture, health and safety, product evaluation, supply chain management, product development and marketing.
- The course is recognised by the Textile Institute as satisfying the academic requirements for the award of LTI (Licenciateship of the Textile Institute).
5. University of Manchester (UK)
The University of Manchester is very renowned for the Textile Engineering Courses and Degrees. They provide several Textile Diploma, Honors and Ms.c Degree in Campus based and online format within part time & Full time facilities.
6. University of Leeds (UK)
The University of Leeds is a British Redbrick university located in the city of Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. It is another famous university for textile engineering.
http://www.design.leeds.ac.uk//postgraduate.htm#taught for taught master
http://www.design.leeds.ac.uk//postgraduate.htm#research for research master
7. Dresden University of Technology (Germany)
The Technische Universität Dresden is the largest institute of higher education in the city of Dresden, the largest university in Saxony and one of the 10 largest universities in Germany with 36,066 students as of 2010.
8. De Montfort University (UK)
De Montfort University is a public research and teaching university situated in the city of Leicester, England, adjacent to the River Soar and the Leicester Castle Gardens.
9. Loughborough University (UK)
Loughborough University is a public research university located in the market town of Loughborough, Leicestershire, in the East Midlands of England.
10. Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh (UK)
A leading UK university for business and industry with an established reputation for world class teaching and pioneering research. It is situated at Edinburgh EH14 1AS, United Kingdom
- Worldranking blog
- Website from the listed universities.
- Top textile universities in USA(http://textilelearner.blogspot.com/2011/07/list-of-top-textile-engineering_6944.html)
List of Top Textile Engineering University in Germany | Fashion, Design, Apparel, Garment Engineering Colleges of Germany – >>>>
List of Famous Universities in the World Those Offer M.Sc.and Ph.D in Textile Engineering – >>>>