Baltex has developed a new range of XD Spacer Fabrics using Coolmax Fresh FX yarns. These fabrics have superior wicking performance and they are using a special structure to encourage effective capillary action to draw moisture away from the skin. The 7715 PES Spacer with Coolmax is available in several colours.
The principal applications of 7715 are:
- Protective equipment (PPE) / Military sector: Body Armour Linings
- Extreme sports clothing
- Healthcare products
Spacer Fabrics are being widely used for the replacement of foam and neoprene products. They provide compression comfort and airflow. With the possibility of knitting different fibres on different faces, many properties can be achieved.
Spacer Fabrics can be used in the following key applications:
– Cycle helmets,
– Boot soles,
– Medical products,
– Neoprene replacement,
– Compression bandages,
– Body armour.
What is Coolmax?
Coolmax is a high-performance fabric that can help the athletic performance of the people who wear it. Coolmax moves moisture away from the body to the outer layer of the fabric, where it dries faster than any other fabric. In moisture management tests, garments made with Coolmax dried almost completely in 30 minutes. Cotton, by comparison, remained wet by nearly 50%.
Better evaporation means you spend less energy to cool your body, which increases your performance and endurance. And because Coolmax has better breathability, nothing is more comfortable to wear.
Baltex 7715 XD Spacer Fabric offers superior performance to other Spacers on the market
The University of Bolton conducted tests on the Quality 7715, a Spacer Fabric using Coolmax, and compared it to a competitor’s Spacer Fabric. The comparison showed the superior performance of Baltex XD Spacer 7715.
Here are the key points:
- Thermal resistance should be between 50 and 70% to be comfortable – 7715 is comfortable.
- The Thermal absorptivity (warmth to touch) of all fabrics is good but the loss in warmth to touch is superior for the Baltex Spacer.
- Water vapour permeability should be above 25% to move moisture through the Spacer, which is the case of 7715.
- Baltex XD Spacers have vastly superior wicking properties with 75 mm wicking in 6 minutes against 12 mm for the competitor’s fabric.
- The Baltex 7715 is 6 times more effective at dissipating moisture than its competing fabric.
- Baltex 7715 is the choice for moisture management, cooling and comfort in Body Armour.